Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: 1 50ml jar
2 cups of blueberry, fresh or frozen
2 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup water + 1 tsp
2 tsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- If you are using fresh blueberry, wash and pat dry. If you are using frozen, no need to defrost.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon zest.
- Cook until it’s bubbling and the blueberries break down.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
- Store in a jar with a tight lid in the fridge.
- You can substitute blueberry for any other berry.
- Store the sauce in the fridge for up to 5 days. Simply heat it up in the microwave when you are ready to use next time, or serve cold.