Preparation Time: 10 mins
Yield: 3 servings
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp sugar
8-10 tbsp water
2 tsp lime juice
- Mix the fish sauce, sugar, 8 tbsp water and lime juice.
- Adjust to taste by adding more water if it’s too salty to your taste.
- Nuoc cham is an essential dipping sauce for 90% of Vietnamese food. Each region has its own recipe. The ratio that fits most taste is 1:1:2 (1 fish sauce, 1 sugar, 2 water).
- You can use either lime or lemon juice. You can also substitute with vinegar, just reduce by 1 tsp.
- Most people add chili to nuoc cham to spice it up, or garlic. It’s yours, make it your own thing 🙂