Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total TIme: 30 mins
Serving: 4 pieces
4 pieces of pork cutlets or chicken thighs
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of planko bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare the pork (or chicken) by washing and pounding it to about 1cm of thickness. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides to marinade.
- Prepare your dredging station: flour first, then 2 beaten eggs and finally, the bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, add enough oil to cover. When the oil is ready, start dredging each pieces of meat and drop it in the pan away from you. The order would be:
- Flour the pieces of pork (or chicken) on both side
- Coat them in the egg
- Finally, coat both sides with the planko bread crumbs generously.
- Fry each side for about 4 mins or until golden brown.
- Take them out and let them rest on a wire rack. I have the parchment paper underneath the rack to catch dripping oil for minimum clean up.
Note: don’t crowd the pan, let each piece of meat have room to cook. I usually do 2 pieces each time in a 10-inch frying pan. After each frying, be sure to take out all the bread crumbs in the pan to prevent burning.